A timely event for textile industry entrepreneurs and professionals
TEX TRADE TODAY 2008 presents possibilities for exploring opportunities across a wide cross-section of exhibitors and trade visitors in an environment rich with experiences. Fashion shows, entertainment events, discussion platforms and networking opportunities take this event beyond just a stage for exhibition and promotion of your products.
TEX TRADE TODAY 2008 is brought to you under the auspices of C&I ( India Today Group ) and Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI), organizations with proven skills in promoting textiles and the textile industry.
India's Textile Industry stands at a threshold of immense opportunities
- Contributing 14% of total industrial production and 30% of all exports, yet not at full achievable potential.
- WTO Quota regime expiry in January 2005.
- A potential to achieve textile industry size of US $ 100 billion and exports of US $ 50 billion by 2010.
- Low exploitation of the potential in industrial & technical textiles.
- Process and control technology innovations offering large cost-savings.
- Reinventing markets for conventional but design-rich segments like handlooms and jute.
- Globalization and access to global resources can redefine corporate structures and policies to spur extraordinary growth.
- Emerging segments of eco-textiles and ethnographic consumers.